Wednesday, August 13, 2014

32 Weeks Pregnant

How far along? 32 Weeks (completed 8/9/14)
Capris: Motherhood Maternity   Tank Top: Old Navy   Cardigan: No clue! Too old :P

 Total weight gain: Stayed at the same weight this week. So still up a total of 29lbs so far.

Maternity/baby clothes: Still nothing new.

Stretch marks? Nothing new, but the ones on my belly started itching this week. Not fond of that, not at all. 

Sleep: Typical sleep this week. Not too comfortable, its so hard to change sides now, and I always end up stealing the covers from John when I do. Still getting up a lot to use the restroom, and of course, waking up a lot with reflux. I try not to eat or drink close to bed time, but even if I don't, I still seem to get it bad anyway. Its a lost cause... til baby comes of course (or I am assuming anyway).

Best moment this week: Had another appt this week. Those are always fun. Baby is still doing great, which we are just so grateful for! 


Honestly though, this wasn't a really good week otherwise. On Sunday I was having contractions all day long. I'd have 5 in an hour, so I'd lay down as suggested by the doctor, then I'd only have 2-3 more, so we didn't need to go to the hospital thank heaven. So I basically laid in bed or on a couch all day, and if I did get up I would immediately have a contraction. Weird day! Thankfully, that was the only day this week that that happened. By the next morning I wasn't having the contractions like that any more.

Thursday was just a weirdly hormonal day. I was completely fine and happy at work, then as soon as I got home I got extremely depressed for no reason at all. I laid down, and wouldn't get out of bed except to use the restroom and take a bath later that night. When John got home he tried talking to me, but I just wouldn't really respond. I just couldn't, not sure why. He was worried of course, and wasn't sure what to do for me. But by the end of the night, right before bed and after that fabulous bath I was feeling a little better and able to communicate with him more than just hand motions or head nods as I was doing before. He was worried he had done something, but he hadn't at all, it was just hormones.

Then there was Saturday. Oh man, Saturday was a LONG day! It started off good, but ended horribly. John had entered a Dutch Oven Cook-Off at the Salt Lake County Fair and was really excited for it.



 Even though it was hot and not at all comfortable to be sitting around all day waiting for food to cook in dutch ovens, it was fun to watch him do something for himself. He won 2nd place in the amateur division! Good job babe!! The food was delicious and he won over $200 worth of prizes, including a dutch oven, which is what he was hoping for. We had to borrow the ones he cooked in from his parents because we didn't have any. After he won his fabulous prizes we headed over to the Demo Derby at the fair and met up with a couple of friends. It was a lot of fun! We love Demo Derby's.

After the Demo Derby is where the day turned for the worse...

On the way back from the fair, John was complaining of severe abdominal pain. He never complains about anything like that really, and I could tell he was just in serious pain. He wanted to go home and wait it out, but just knowing how bad it must've been considering he could barely walk... I knew we needed to go to the ER. So that's where we ended up.

Pretending it didn't hurt for a picture... brave man!
 After the doctor did a check up with him, he said it sounded like it was Appendicitis. No bueno. So we had 2 options 1) Go into Surgery without a CT to confirm it or 2) Get a CT first to confirm it was appendicitis. The doctor sounded pretty adamant about what it was. All signs pointed towards Appendicitis. John decided to get the CT done first. So he got wheeled off for that and then we had to wait forever for the results.

Waiting... and waiting... I was bored okay? Especially when he was in his CT Scan.
Johns mom came in while we were waiting for the results, in case he had to go in for surgery. So sweet of her! She was of course worried about me as well. Considering how far along I am and the fact that I should've been in bed hours earlier, and my feet were soo extremely swollen. I was also having contractions. Like I said, just not a good night.







After we finally got the results back, the doctor said the CT couldn't confirm appendicitis, but that it also might be too early for it to pick it up yet. It had only been about 6 hours since the pain had started. So he sent us home and said to come back at noon the next day if the pain was worse, then John would likely need the surgery. If the pain was better, then it likely wasn't appendicitis.


Yay! We get to go home! Only been here for, oh, 5 or 6 hours.
Thankfully, by noon the next day John was feeling much better! Still some pain, but not nearly as severe as the night before, so.... NO SURGERY! YAY! Couldn't be more happy about that. I don't like the thought of him going in for surgery. We'd like to try to avoid anything like that for... well, ever.

And that sums up our crazy rollercoaster of a week. Hopefully next week is better :)

Miss anything? I miss being able to sleep through the night. For sure. Something tells me that I'm not going to be able to sleep through a full night for a very very long time though, haha. So I might as well get used to it right?

Movement: Yes! She loves to push out on my tummy as hard as she can lately. When she does it we always try to guess what body part it is she is pushing out so hard. It's so weird being able to feel her as well as we can from the outside now. She's so boney! Haha

Food cravings:
Nadda

Anything making you queasy or sick? Not this week!

Gender: Girl!

Symptoms: Decided to do something new here again this week. So below I've got a list straight from my 'What To Expect When You're Expecting' book of likely symptoms for the month. We're going to see how many I actually have... fun right? Haha oh the things I do to entertain myself. Here goes:

Strong, regular fetal activity: Yes

Increasing vaginal discharge: Yes
Increased Constipation: Yes
Hearburn, indigestion, flatulence, bloating: Yes
Occasional headaches, faintness, or dizziness: Yes
Nasal congestion: Yes
Sensitive gums: No
Leg cramps: Yes
Backache: Yes (soooo bad this week)
Pelvic pressure: No
Mild swelling of ankles and feet: Yes
Varicose veins of legs: No
Hemorrhoids: No
Itchy abdomen: Yes, new as of this week.
Protruding navel: No
Stretch marks: Yes
Increasing shortness of breath: Yes
Difficulty sleeping: Yes
Increasing "practice" contractions: Yes
Increasing clumsiness: No
Enlarged breasts: Yes
Colostrum: No

So lets see, that is 15/22 were a yes. Yup, definitely pregnant. Haha! I definitely feel like a typical pregnant person. Wish I could've been one of the ones that got like no symptoms. Wouldn't that be heavenly? Can't forget my other symptoms though that weren't listed. Dry skin, as always and snorting when I laugh of course.

Belly button in or out? Barely still in, but it's in :)

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Moody, definitely a moody week.

 Looking forward to: A few things I'm looking forward to. First, my baby shower next week. We are also starting a prenatal class next week that I'm excited for. I know nothing about labor an delivery, so it's about time I started learning! And of course, our next doctors appt in 2 weeks. We get an ultrasound next time, and those are of course my favorite! Hoping to get a good profile shot of her this time, because we really haven't been able to get one yet. I know it'll be harder now that she's bigger, but keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment