Tuesday, September 2, 2014

35 Weeks Pregnant

How far along? 35 Weeks (completed 8/30/14)
Capris: Motherhood Maternity  Shirts (& flip flops): Old Navy

 Total weight gain: 1lb this week. 34 total.

Maternity/baby clothes: Hubby and I stopped by Carters this week to look at the clearance racks. Got some cute stuff on clearance, but may have picked up something else too! It was 40% off though, so I didn't feel too bad. Check out the cuteness...


All the onesies were on clearance, then I just couldn't resist the adorable jacket... I mean, just look how adorable it is! Haha she's going to be a little polar bear in that thing.



Stretch marks? Nothing new.

Sleep: Better... much better than last week!

Best moment this week: One of the best moment this week had to be my last day of work! It's just so crazy to think that I won't be going back. Got some pictures with the guys I've worked with for about 3 years now (just one month shy).


I enjoyed my time at Warp 9, but I'm so excited for my next chapter of life to begin!


Official last day in the office! I know, its plain and boring... haha, I never got around to decorating my office. Loved having my own space though!



This is Chantelle, my replacement! We worked together at my job before Warp 9, so I know I've left the office in good hands. Good luck Chantelle! Don't let the guys drive you off!

Another just fantastic moment this week was girls night. Games, girl (and baby) talk, and lots of laughing! Too much fun! Love my girls :)
Ashley took some fun pictures of the three of us that are pregnant right now. I think they're my new favorite photos! I love that we are not in this pregnancy thing alone. It makes things so much better to have someone that can relate to you, you know? And really, how much fun will it be that our babies are so close in age? Couldn't be more excited to be going through this with two of my besties!

Shanae: Due Nov 25       Laura: Due Oct 25       Me: Due Sept 28
Shanae: Boy      Laura: Girl       Me: Girl
Thanks Ash for making us take this picture! I'm sure it'll be the only we get of us all pregnant together, and it's too fun not to be remembered.

Miss anything? Hmm.... right now, probably everything. I'm just ready for the pregnancy to be over you know? Get my body back and be able to move! Not have swollen feet, or acid reflux, or be itchy. Haha, as much fun as it's all been. I'm ready for it to be over.


Movement: Yes! She has still been getting all A's on the kick count chart. Good job baby girl!
One thing I've heard and read about a lot since being pregnant, is that usually late in the third trimester people will wake up to their baby moving and/or kicking really hard at night. I'm surprised (and possibly jinxing myself), but I haven't had that happen yet. Sometimes its hard to fall asleep when she is super active, but I have yet to wake up to a hard jab of some sort. I'll consider myself lucky for that!

Food cravings: Nadda

Anything making you queasy or sick? Does Acid Reflux count? Because wow... just wow. On Tuesday night it was by far the worst I've ever had it. I ended up throwing up everything that I had eaten that night. Delicious, I know...
I felt great after though! So there's that.

Gender: Girl! Would you like to know what we have decided to name our little girl? I thought so! It really hasn't been a secret. If you know me in person, you likely already know the name. If you don't know me in person, then now is your time to find out! Our little girl will forever be known as:

RORY ANN STEADMAN

 I don't expect everyone to love it. Not everyone loves every name that parents choose for their children, but we love it! And hopefully she will too :)

Symptoms:
Okay, last week I was super negative in this section. I apologize. That was just an extremely rough week, and I was taking it out on the blog. I'm happy to inform you that the PUPPPS was much more bearable this week compared to last week. Yes, I was still itchy... but I think all my home remedies helped out a lot. I got better sleep, and the itching didn't drive me to tears this week! YAY! However, towards the end of the week I got a little too confident that it was clearing up and got lazier with my home remedies, so its started to flare up again. Bad move Melissa, bad move. Back to full force with all remedies, which have included the following (for those that might sadly end up with this in a pregnancy):


1. Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap!!
2. 2-3 cold showers a day using the pine tar soap
3. Nightly oatmeal baths
(just warm enough to dissolve the oatmeal packet)

4. Itch oils & creams after every shower or bath
5. V8 juice! And a lot of it
(I use v8 splash, as I can't handle the vegetable one)
6. Zyrtec in the mornings

7. Bendryl during the day (if you can handle it)
8. Prescribed medication before bed

Fun right? It's a lot, but it all really really does help!

Other symptoms are the usuals:
congestion
acid reflux
dry skin
leg cramps
swollen feet/ankles
back pain
hip pain

snorting


 
Belly button in or out? Still in! Think I'll make it to delivery without it popping!?

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Pretty happy the first half of the week. Moody towards the end, especially on Saturday. Yikes, be glad you weren't around me. I was not a happy camper. Sorry John! (He of course got the worst of my bad mood.)

 Looking forward to: No more work! Getting the house ready for the baby, and shopping for the final things we need. Also looking forward to seeing little Rory for the first time. It's so close, and I just can't wait!

2 comments: