Monday, April 21, 2014

16 Weeks Pregnant

How far along? 16 Weeks (completed 4/19/14) Sorry, I kept forgetting and/or procrastinating photos this week. So they never got taken. Next week I'll be back on track!


Total weight gain/measurements: Lots of weight gain this week, and I've eaten the same as normal. Up 4 lbs this week alone, so a total of 6 lbs so far.

Maternity clothes: Lots of new maternity clothes! YAY! My fellow pregnant friend Laura and I went maternity clothes shopping on Saturday night. It was a blast! We were the only ones in the store, so we would try stuff on then walk around in whatever we liked, with the fake belly they let you use, and browse for more things to try. So I got a couple of good things. I'll have to take pictures and post them later this week. I got a new pair of jeans, a couple t-shirts, a pair of really light weight capris, and a super huge and comfy night shirt. I am in love with comfy maternity clothes. I also cleaned out my closet of all things that I know I won't be able to fit into til after I lose all the baby weight, lets just say my closet is basically empty. Looks like I'll need to do some more maternity shopping so I've got at least a few wardrobe options!

Stretch marks?
No new ones


Sleep: Good! Except one night that I woke up and my right hip was killing me. I don't know why it hurt so bad, but I just got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night and it hurt like crazy so I stretched it out for a while and went back to bed. The pain was gone by morning, thankfully!

Best moment this week: Shopping with my mom, and finding the absolute cutest little baby store that I fell in love with. I think we will be getting our nursery furniture from there. Also, maternity shopping with Laura, it really was just so fun.



Miss anything? Just Mexican food. Still can't really handle the thought of eating it, and its my favorite... so I miss it a ton. I'm sure the hubby does too. We used to eat out at a Mexican restaurant about once or twice a week!

Movement: Okay I'm 99.9% sure what I've been feeling lately is baby. Its the best/weirdest feeling. I guess you could say its like butterflies like a lot of books describe it. But to me honestly it really just feels like a tiny little baby just doing flips and moving around in my belly (which it is, but its just like what I thought it would be). On Saturday night though, I felt something that totally caught me off guard. It just felt like baby jabbed me hard from inside. So so strange. But so great too! Can't wait til I feel it more often. Right now its just a couple times a day.

Food cravings: Nadda... I always thought I'd get lots of cravings or have one thing that stuck out when I got pregnant, guess I was wrong! Maybe with the next one :)

Anything making you queasy or sick? I thought I was doing really well in this department, so well in fact that I let my dear husband drive around the other night thinking I'd be okay to ride passenger.... boy, was I wrong! It made me so sick, I almost made him go get my car from home so I could drive the rest of the night (we had his work truck with us, I don't drive that). Anyway, I didn't... but I think it'll be a while before I let him drive me around again.

Gender: 2 weeks and 1 day til we find out! Well, assuming baby cooperates and lets us see :)

Labor signs: None

Symptoms: I can never think of symptoms when I type this up on Mondays, but during the week I think of like a million. Also, looking back over my past weekly updated I realize I've left out many. So let me just catch you up.
DISCLAIMER! BODILY FUNCTIONS AND POSSIBLY GROSS THINGS WILL BE DISCUSSED, SO SKIP THIS IF YOU'D RATHER PASS!
Now, moving on. First, I realized that I completely skipped over how horribly bad my boobs hurt when they were getting bigger, I mean seriously. It hurt just wearing clothing, especially a bra, or not wearing clothing too. Basically they were always just super tender and achy, and oh man my nipples were extra sensitive (and not in a good way). Glad that phase has mostly passed. They only hurt once in a while now. Also with my boobs, my areolas are like double the size and have a dark ring around the outside edge. My nipples are also about double the size. The human body is so weird! Lol. Okay, moving on from the boobs. Did I ever mention how constipated I was? Yeah, it was bad for a while. Still happens here and there, but not as bad as it was from like week 8 or 9 to about 12 or 13. I know I mentioned the gas and burping, those two still just make me laugh more than anything and are still occurring (Sorry John!). Hmm, just got interrupted and now I can't remember what else I was going to tell you. Let me think! Oh, the discharge... yes, vaginal discharge. Its not bad to the point of needing a liner, but I've noticed a difference for sure. Isn't pregnancy just glamorous ;) Haha! That's about all I can think of right now. Oh because of another symptom I have that I also left out. PREGNANCY BRAIN IS REAL! I mean, I knew it was, but not to this extent. I am so extremely forgetful, and I mess up at work more often (and I rarely did before, not to brag but I'm a perfectionist and super detail oriented, so its just not like me). I just can't believe how forgetful I am mostly. Its weird. I'm the one that remembers everything between me and my husband, now I have to rely on him more often for remembering things. I think he enjoys it a little. Haha!

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? I was pretty happy this week, except I'd get little sad/worried feelings that something was wrong with Baby here and there. Then on Saturday it all came crashing down on me and I bawled like a little child. I even cried into my mom's shoulder like a child... well because I am still her child, but you know. I was just so worried, but she came over and comforted me and I just love my mom! She made me feel so much better and we had such a great day together. LOVE YOU MOM! :)
 
Looking forward to: Our appointment in 2 weeks (and 1 day)! I just want to see the little one on the ultrasound, I want to know that everything is going well and baby is healthy, and of course I want to know what we are having! Really, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment