How far along? 17
Weeks (completed 4/26/14)
Total weight gain/measurements: I gained 1 lb this week, so I'm up a total of 7lbs.
Maternity clothes: The only maternity item I bought this week was a maternity tank top to wear at my dance competition. Other than that, nothing new, but I wear something maternity like every day, either pants or a shirt. I just love how much more comfortable they are than my old clothes with like elastic bands around the buttons or a too tight shirt that I can't wait to take off at the end of the day. Pregnancy is uncomfortable enough on its own, I don't see the point in adding to your discomfort! But that's just me ;)
Stretch marks? No new ones
Sleep: Eh, it was okay this week. I was dying of heat most nights.... so much so, that it would wake me up multiple times. Also, the weird thing with my right hip hurting like crazy happened again this week. So weird! Same thing though, just woke up to use the restroom and it hurt really really bad, so I just stretched before going back to bed and it was fine when I woke up.
Best moment this week: Hmm... that is a good question! Nothing specific really stands out. I'd want to say the dance competition I performed in, but that gave me more anxiety than anything I think, haha! So, I'm just gonna go with the times I felt baby move, because that always puts a smile on my face :)
Miss anything? Being lady like? Haha oh man, just half the symptoms are so not lady like and it drives me nuts! And honestly, feeling confident. I just feel big and gross more often than not, can't remember the last time I felt good about myself (or sexy for the hubby).
Movement: Yes! Just little movements mostly. Feels like the little one does a lot of flips and moving side to side. No official "Oh that was a kick!" or anything. I think baby is still a little too small for that, but its been fun to feel the little movements. The baby even already has a pretty regular schedule as far as movements (I have no idea if that is normal or not, but there is definitely a schedule). The first movements always come right when I get to work so typically 9:30ish to about 10:30. Then again around 2pm and lasts til about 3pm, and those are usually the last ones for the day that last a while. Once in a while I'll get a night time movement, but its always the smallest of the day, and it doesn't last long at all. Just one little movement.
Food cravings: Alas, nothing to report in this section again. Boring pregnancy right? Haha people always ask me about cravings, but I just don't have one thing that I really crave all the time.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing specific, just some bouts of nausea this week, bleh.
Gender: Sooo close to finding out! :)
Labor signs: None
Symptoms: Lets see... threw up on Monday, super nauseous on Tuesday, bleeding gums, thought my ankles were becoming cankles for a night (John even agreed they were bigger) but they were fine the next day. Sensitivity to smell (another one I've forgotten to mention since way back in the beginning), back aches (oh the back aches!), congestion, exhaustion, have I missed any? Haha I'm doing better at keeping track of all the "fun" ;)
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? I'll be honest, I can't even remember this week well, so I guess I'll just go with both? I'm sure I was happy and moody at one point or another.
Looking forward to: More movements, and more obvious movements from baby! Also, of course our '20wk' appt!

No comments:
Post a Comment