How far along? 23
Weeks (completed 6/7/14)
![]() |
| T-Shirt: Target (Maternity Section) and Skirt: Non-Maternity from Target. Gotta love comfy maxi's! |
Total weight gain: Finally got a chance to weigh in... and it was a little depressing, haha but it is what it is right? I'm up a total of 18 lbs so far. Eek!
Maternity/baby clothes: Nothing new in this section.
Stretch marks? Thankfully nothing more than what I've previously mentioned, and I'm REALLY hoping it stays that way. Though I know it's highly unlikely.
Sleep: Not so great this week. Not so great at all. I tossed and turned a LOT! I just could not get comfortable, with or without the body pillow. Sleep was definitely a struggle. Let's hope next week is a little better!
Best moment this week: Our doctor's appointment! Got to see our little girl again, and that is always a joy! :)
She is looking healthy still, but they again weren't able to get everything they needed. So bummer (NOT!) we have to get another ultrasound at our next appt. Super excited! She has flipped, so she isn't breech anymore... as of right now. But who knows come next time. They were unable to see her little lips though to rule out a cleft lip. Hopefully she'll let us sneak a peak in 4 weeks.
Miss anything? It has been getting harder to get up from sitting and/or laying positions. So I'm missing being able to just get right up when I need to. I make so many funny noises trying to get up now, it's got to be amusing to those around me. It's not so bad when I'm in a hard chair like at work or church or something, but when it comes to soft things like couches and beds... it's a problem. Haha!
She is looking healthy still, but they again weren't able to get everything they needed. So bummer (NOT!) we have to get another ultrasound at our next appt. Super excited! She has flipped, so she isn't breech anymore... as of right now. But who knows come next time. They were unable to see her little lips though to rule out a cleft lip. Hopefully she'll let us sneak a peak in 4 weeks.
Miss anything? It has been getting harder to get up from sitting and/or laying positions. So I'm missing being able to just get right up when I need to. I make so many funny noises trying to get up now, it's got to be amusing to those around me. It's not so bad when I'm in a hard chair like at work or church or something, but when it comes to soft things like couches and beds... it's a problem. Haha!
Movement: Yes! Lots, and John has been able to feel more movement lately too. Instead of just one big kick every once in a while, he'll feel a couple in a row or just more of her movements in general. I love being able to share that with him. Also, she is big enough now that I can actually see some of her big movements when I look at my belly. It's so fun... and weird. I don't think it'll ever not be a little weird.
Oh and also, my adorable little kitty Kissa (Kees-a) loves to lay on my belly when we are watching tv. She always has, ever since she was just a tiny little kitten. But I don't think the baby likes her laying there anymore. Everytime Kissa lay's on my belly, baby kicks hard and repeatedly. It's so funny because I know Kissa can feel it now. It irritates her so she always jumps off and cuddles with John instead. I'm sad that I won't get to cuddle with her much longer, but it's fun to see this tiny bit of interaction between the two.
Oh and also, my adorable little kitty Kissa (Kees-a) loves to lay on my belly when we are watching tv. She always has, ever since she was just a tiny little kitten. But I don't think the baby likes her laying there anymore. Everytime Kissa lay's on my belly, baby kicks hard and repeatedly. It's so funny because I know Kissa can feel it now. It irritates her so she always jumps off and cuddles with John instead. I'm sad that I won't get to cuddle with her much longer, but it's fun to see this tiny bit of interaction between the two.
| Kissa laying on my growing belly. Love her and her cuddles :) |
Food cravings: Nothing still
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not this week!
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: None
Symptoms: Some
continued congestion and acid reflux per usual. I've got a feeling those will be sticking around til the end. Also I've still been getting cramps/contractions. But nothing to be worried about. They don't happen often enough to be of any concern as our doctor told us. He did give us more info on all that though in case things change. Another thing I've had ongoing for pretty much the whole pregnancy that I think I've mentioned previously, I just haven't listed it every week is my dry skin. It's just terrible. Always super super dry. Thank heavens for lotion! I hate dry skin. Other than that, I've been feeling pretty good. I am so grateful for the second trimester and the ease that it brings compared to the first!
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Might have been a little (okay, a lot) moody at the end of this week. Hormones much? Sorry to my hubby for taking the brunt of it. I think I jinxed myself by recently telling someone that I have been less hormonal pregnant than I was prior to pregnancy. Oops!
Looking forward to: Having absolutely no plans next week! Sometimes it's just nice to not have to worry about anything taking up your weeknights. I plan to actually cook, get some cleaning done, and a whole lot of relaxing. It will be great!

No comments:
Post a Comment