Wednesday, June 4, 2014

22 Weeks Pregnant

How far along? 22 Weeks (completed 5/31/14)

Total weight gain: I was out of town again for this week's weigh in... so who knows! I can't even remember the last time I got on the scale. It's been a busy couple of weeks. But I'll be sure to weigh in next week since we have nothing going on over my usual weigh in day.

Maternity/baby clothes: No new clothes for me. Really there probably won't be any new ones for a while, if at all. So I'm changing this category to be Maternity/Baby Clothes... because well, I want to show off the cute things I've been receiving and the few I've purchased. 
In this weeks pictures I am wearing maternity capris from Macy's and that's it for maternity wear. The shirt is just a plain t-shirt from Target.
 
Now, check out the cute things we've received from Grandma Dudley so far! I know she's bought more, but I haven't seen it yet.

All the clothes are from Carters and Osh Kosh. I'm not sure where she got the nursing pillow, swaddles, or leggings from.
These are items I've bought so far for our little girl.
The two really bright ones were bought a couple months apart. Forgot I had bright stuff already, but apparently I really like that bright coral color.
The 'Sweet Like Grandma' outfit is from Macys. And the other two are from Carters.

Stretch marks? Unfortunately, I do have something to report in this section this week. First I noticed just a couple new ones on my sides. They are small now, but who knows how much they'll spread. And remember the new ones on my legs from last week? Yeah, those are for sure stretch marks, and there are a ton of them! When I realized how bad they were, I almost started crying... literally. Even just thinking about them right now makes me want to burst into tears. I have been having a really hard time with all the body changes that have been going on lately. I just can't look in a mirror for a while. It's depressing. However, I know every stretch mark and change that my body makes will be totally worth it the first moment I meet our little girl.

Sleep: Pretty good this week really. I can't complain :)

Best moment this week: So many good moments this week!

First: A huge thanks and shout out to these lovely ladies that threw me a surprise baby shower during our last dance class this week.
 


They are the sweetest! I had so much fun dancing with them the past 8-ish months, can't wait to start up again next year! They all pitched in and got me some really fun and cute stuff. Wish I would've taken pictures of the cute balloons, cupcakes, etc from the party, but I didn't even think to. Here are the gifts I received.
The onsie says "Mommy's little dancer" on it... too cute! And one of the girls made that adorable pink blanket. Thanks again ladies!!

Second: My new glider! AHHH! Seriously, as soon as it was out of the box and my hubby was carrying it to the nursery I was literally jumping up and down with excitement! I told him it felt like Christmas. It is sooo comfy and I just love the material and colors we picked out! <3
 
I love love love it!

Third, and lastly: Our little weekend getaway with some of our good friends to St George. We took no pictures the entire time... because I was either too lazy or relaxed. I'm gonna go with relaxed to make myself feel better. But it was really just so fun. We stayed in a friends family condo, went swimming, ate good food, played a lot of games (actually, played a lot of one game), stayed up late, and laughed til we cried. Just a blast! And the best part was that it was pretty much free for us! John had to work in Cedar City on the way back, so his boss covered expenses for him. Always nice to save some money when you're getting ready for a baby.



Miss anything? Hmmm... I don't think that I am missing anything right now. Feeling pretty good!

Movement: Yes! And they are getting bigger! On Thursday night we were in St George playing some cards, and she kicked me so hard I literally jumped, it scared me. Knowing how strong she is right now freaks me out for movements in the future. I have a feeling they are going to hurt. She's so strong! Also, I have figured out how to get her to move if she hasn't for a long time and I start to worry. All I have to do is lean forward. She will always start kicking if I lean forward.

Food cravings: Nadda

Anything making you queasy or sick? A little queasiness from driving again, but not nearly as bad and it was mostly because the road was just so bumpy.

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs: None

Symptoms: Some continued congestion and acid reflux. Been getting cramps more frequently too. The funniest symptom this week was from the heat in St George and the drive down there I think, my feet were SO swollen! Actually, it wasn't even just my feet... my feet, ankles, and legs up to my knees were extremely swollen. I could not get over it. It was funny and depressing all at the same time. Like I'm not kidding, my feet were HUGE! See for yourself.
Note: My right foot is swollen in this picture as well, but my left foot takes the cake. It's HUGE! Oh the joys of pregnancy ;)
Also, one morning I woke up and got the worst leg cramps I've ever had. I sat up really fast just saying "Ow, ow, ow..." over and over, John shot up out of bed not knowing exactly what I was in pain from (seriously, I've never seen him move so quick!) and rushed over to my side. I told him it was leg cramps and he helped me stretch them out. Best husband award! I am really not looking forward to those if they continue. Man they HURT!
Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy! :)
 
Looking forward to: Our next appt! It's next week... YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment