Tuesday, June 24, 2014

25 Weeks Pregnant

How far along? 25 Weeks (completed 6/21/14)

Shirt: Motherhood Maternity   Shorts: Motherhood Maternity   Sandals: DSW
 
 Total weight gain: Oh man, are you ready for this? I gained a LOT this week! YIKES! I'm up a total of 20lbs... just a little ahead of the 'recommended' weight gain according to the books. But hey, those pounds were delicious, haha ;)

Maternity/baby clothes: Nothing new

Stretch marks? Looks like I've gotten just a couple more on my sides. No fun, but what are you gonna do right? They're genetic. I'm dealing with it.

Sleep: Terrible.... just terrible. I can't get comfortable. I've been waking up to use the restroom a lot again (I guess that's just what happens when baby gets bigger huh?). But the worst thing is that my hips are KILLING me! I wake up constantly, having to switch sides because my hip hurts so bad from the pressure (I'm assuming). I'll wake up and stretch it to try to relieve some of the pain, but it doesn't help much. The pain sticks around all day too. Sleeping this week just hasn't been my cup of tea.

Best moment this week: Our 1 year anniversary! I cannot believe it has been a year since we got married. Time just flies by, and now we're going to be having a baby in just over 3 months. Life is insane. But a good insane. I'm loving it!
We didn't do much to celebrate since we are saving up for baby, but we spent a really great day together. And really, what else do you need to have a good time, other than your spouse? It's not about how much you spend or what you do, but about the company you're with. My company couldn't have been any better. Mushy, I know, but I just love my husband and am so grateful for his love and all his hard work (always), but especially lately putting in 65-70 hour work weeks.
So for our anniversary, we got up and had breakfast at Kneaders, because quite frankly we're obsessed with their french toast! Then we came home, did some cleaning that we didn't have time for earlier that week so the house would be clean to come home to that night. Then we may, or may not have taken a nap... okay, so we did. Haha what can I say, we were both tired! After our lovely nap, we got ready, grabbed some shakes, and headed out to the Utah Valley Parade of Homes.
To the first home of the day.
We spent a lot of time in the car, lots of chatting about the future, and thinking back to our wedding day.
Mmmm.... shakes! And being silly of course, which is what we do.
After our long day of driving and walking through some really beautiful, and some not so beautiful homes, we headed off to dinner. We went back to where we had our first date (and the chips and salsa/queso we were craving)... Chilis. Classy, I know ;)
It was delicious! We headed home after filling up on some really delicious food and played some card games, we LOVE card games. I can't remember who won, we were both pretty out of it at this point. Then the rest of the night we just relaxed and enjoyed each others company. Great day, great night, great first year! Love you babe!
Photo Credit: Mikki Platt Photography

Miss anything? Being able to sleep comfortably.

Movement: Yes, however her movements decreased by a ton the beginning of this week. I hated it. She was so so calm. She would move maybe once or twice like every 5 hours, very very unlike her. I wish I could say it didn't scare me at all, but I'm already a worry wart, so of course, I worried. Luckily at the end of the week she perked up a bit. Not much, but was a little back to her normal active self, thank heavens.

Food cravings: No real cravings this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Not this week!

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs: None

Symptoms: Continued congestion, acid reflux, dry skin, leg cramps, blah blah blah. These get old don't they? I'll throw in some new ones. Not all bad either! I have noticed my appetite has increased, I'm back to eating like I did before I was pregnant. After the whole nausea of the first trimester my appetite just kind of stayed low for most of this trimester too. So glad it's back! I've noticed the last week or two also that my hair is getting thicker, and I lose less in the shower than I used to. It's always grown fast, so I haven't noticed an increase in its growth as far as length goes. Not so fun symptom is my back pain has increased quite a bit this week.

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy :)
 
Looking forward to: Our next appt! And our 2nd year of marriage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment