How far along? 28
Weeks (completed 7/12/14)
First week of the 3rd Trimester... can you believe it!?
First week of the 3rd Trimester... can you believe it!?
| Shorts & Shirt: Motherhood Maternity |
Total weight gain: I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little afraid to admit my weight gain this week. 3lbs people, 3 L B S! That is a lot for one week. Can we just pretend it was all baby? Haha jk... she'd be huge if she gained that much in one week. Oh well, at least I ate well right ;)
So, I'm up a total of 25lbs.
Maternity/baby clothes: Boring... nothing new again this week.
Stretch marks? I was right, unfortunately. I've started getting the marks on my tummy. Though I have to admit, it took them longer to show up there than I expected, so there is my silver lining.
Sleep: Average. Nothing great, nothing terrible. I'll take it!
Best moment this week: Three great days this week! First, our doctor's appointment on Monday. They finally got a good shot of baby's face, and all is good. However, now we don't get another ultra sound for far too long. She should've hid just one more time!
Second, was Johns actual birthday! It landed in the middle of the week so we didn't do much, but it was fun to celebrate with him. In the morning I snuck into his office while he was out and decorated it just a little and left a card and some treats. Then that night I took him out to Rodizio Grill. We were sooo stuffed after (maybe that's where the 3lbs came from! haha) that we just went home after and hung out. We were both feeling the food coma.
| Happy Birthday Babe! |
Lastly, was Johns surprise birthday dinner on Saturday night, followed by a previously planned (non-birthday related) bonfire. Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of everyone that came for his bday dinner. But thanks to all that were there! He loved it! I had to be sneaky that whole day to make sure we were in the area and ready to eat at the right time. I convinced him to wait, because he was starving, and then I chose where to go. But by that time he was hungry enough that he didn't really care where we went I think. Anyhow, we showed up to Chilis and the host asked how many, John replied with 2 and I interrupted with 10. He was so confused, surprised, and happy! Our friends came very shortly after and joined us for the fun.
After dinner, we headed out to 5 Mile Pass to have a bonfire.
| John & my brother Alexander getting the wood ready for a fire. |
| Before the flames ensued... |
| The fire ablaze!
While the boys were getting the fire going, the girls were doing what we do best... taking pictures and having fun of course!
|
I didn't get John a cake on his actual birthday, because I figured it'd be more fun to celebrate with company. So I made a cake for the bonfire. We sang and made him blow out the candles. I know, my cake decorating skills are pro! Haha, jk... I just didn't go all out since I knew I'd have to frost it while we were out there and what not. Couldn't have the frosting and stuff melting in the heat before it was time to sing.
| What did you wish for John!? |
Happy 32nd Birthday to this guy!
Now... back to the pregnancy stuff ;)
Miss anything? Honestly? I miss feeling confident and attractive. I mean, I wasn't always the most confident person before anyway, but now... Eek! I feel bad, I should be more confident for the hubby, but it's hard when your body has changed so much! It'll be an ongoing battle during the pregnancy I'm sure.
Movement:
Yes indeed! That little girl loves to move. I saw the most prominent movement later in the week. It looked as if she just took an elbow and pushed really hard and dragged it across my tummy. Wish I could've caught it on camera!
Food cravings: Nadda
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not this week!
Gender: Girl!
Symptoms: Nothing new this week. Just the usual's: congestion, acid reflux (this is getting bad, it is now waking me up from a dead sleep and I have to sit up quick so I don't throw up... yum :P), dry skin, leg cramps, swollen feet/ankles, etc.
Belly button in or out? Still in!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy! It was such a good week.
Looking forward to: The last few weeks of working by myself in my office. I will start training the new girl in just a few weeks. Can't believe it's getting so close!
BONUS: For your viewing pleasure... a photo comparison of where I was 3 years ago vs today. Why you ask? Because Ashley couldn't help but make me take this picture. Yes, we are that silly still :)
Photo Credit: Ashley Shippen, via her Iphone...
So you can only imagine what she can do with her real camera. Yes, she is a photographer, and yes, she is awesome! Check her out here: http://ashleyelizaphotography.blogspot.com/
All photos (except the Rodizio selfie) were taken by her this week. Thanks Ash for always being on photo duty. You're the best!




No comments:
Post a Comment